Thursday, September 24, 2026

Brant's October 2026 Playlist

It's the most wonderful time of the year!


Long time, no see!  As expected, August and September were crazy busy.  THREE (3) trips to see various friends and places, as well as other to-do items!  Anyway, I'm back and actually a few days early for October's playlist!  We've got some spooky holiday jingles, a couple of returning faves, and of course we're grieving the loss of Dolly Parton (I'm still processing that one).  So anyway, let's dig in.  To listen on Spotify, click HERE.

1.  Touch Touch (Haute & Freddy) - Halloween is all about costumes and fun and being playfully weird, and I can't think of another musical act that captures that better than these two!  Perfect timing with a welcome return!

2.  Push N Shuv (Lava La Rue) - This one is giving me Tom Tom Club vibes in all the right ways! 

3.  Everyday Is Halloween (LVCRFT) - Our first holiday song!  It's not the Ministry version, but still an upbeat way to get into the (pun intended) spirit!

4.  That's Fine (Baby Queen) - There are a lot of "Baby" acts out there - Baby Nova, Baby Rose, da Baby!  Anyway, this is Baby Queen, a South African/British singer more than capable of keeping the party going!

5.  Buzz (Almost Monday) - This isn't their usual dance-pop, but I like it!  And the harmonies would make Crosby, Stills and Nash proud!

6.  Who Loves the Sun (Matt Berninger & Roseanne Cash) - Completely unexpected pairing to cover a Velvet Underground classic!  

7.  A Little More Time for Love (Mica Millar) - Eric turned me on to this singer!  I would've sworn this was a Natalie Cole song when I first heard it!  A great R&B offering from UK singer.

8.  Already Gone (Orville Peck) - Going sober hasn't slowed down this Country star!  Exciting to have some new music from him! 

9.  Baby I'm Burning (Dolly Parton) - What can I say about Dolly?  She was one of those rare people who walked the walk as well as talked the talk.  When you Google "genuine" her photo needs to be the first thing that pops up!  I'm SO glad I got to see her perform in person.  The world is a colder place without her in it.  Of all the songs I could've picked, this was the one that has been a personal favorite over the years!  I don't think it was ever a big hit, but I'm fine with that.  It's a hit with me.  RIP

10.  Who Are You Going to Worship Now? (Goldie Boutilier) - Groovy, Fleetwood Mac-adjacent vibes from Canadian artist.

11.  Who's That (the War on Drugs) - Another welcome return from frequent Brantworld listee!  

12.  You Could Have Died There on the Dancefloor (Westside Cowboy) - English band serves up some Classic Indie rock.

13.  Baby You're a Haunted House (Gerard Way) - Another Halloween ditty from My Chemical Romance singer!

14.  Amalfi Coast (Carly Rae Jepsen) - This fuzzy, dark tune seems off-brand for CRJ - but maybe that's the point!  She covers a lot of ground on her new double-album, and recorded most of it while pregnant!  Call Me Productive (Maybe)! 

15.  Vogue (Wasia Project) - This reminds me of the minimalist work Giorgio Moroder and Donna Summer did back in the day!  Great for late-night dancing in your best Halloween costume!

16.  Serial Kisser (Devon Cole) - 2023 Juno Award winner keeps the great pop songs coming with this latest single!

17.  Pá Bailar (Elvis Crespo & Beéle) - Sept 15/October 15 is also Latin American Heritage Month, so I was happy to include this merengue ditty on this month's list.  

18.  Stars (Guille Wheel) - Laid back groove for your chilly Autumn mornings...pumpkin spice optional!

19.  Baby Kool/Evelyn (Nothing But Thieves) - Okay, I'm really leaning into the English and Canadian bands this month!  Not sure why - but here we are!  This is the latest from British rock band NBT! 

20.  Harmony (Role Model) - I've very much enjoyed watching this up and coming artist develop a personal style!  This is the third song from his latest album to find itself on a Brantworld playlist!  

21.  Spooky /Halloween Mix/ (Kid Montana) - I figured we'd end on one last Halloween song!  The song is a pop standard at this point, but it's fun to hear this Belgian band really lean into the supernatural theme!

So that's October's playlist!  Hopefully, I'll get November and December out on schedule as we finish out the year.  Have a great Halloween, and I'll see ya next month!  

No comments: